Setia Utama LRT3 Sdn Bhd is the main contractor of the Light Rail Transit 3 (LRT3) project. We are a subsidiary of MRCB Builders, which provides engineering and construction services.
We are the country’s pioneer Transit Oriented Developer and a leading urban property and construction company, listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad since 1971.
The implementation of the LRT3 also complements other elements of the Greater Kuala Lumpur/Klang Valley Master Plan to develop an integrated public transport system.
The LRT3 alignment and stations were determined after an extensive feasibility study by Land Public Transport Agency (APAD) and a three-month public display in 2015 to ensure maximum impact from a social and economic perspective. The three-month public display was held from May to August 2015 and received more than 90% support from close to 7,300 people members of the public.
Despite our best effort, due to the rapid developments in these areas, there are still a number of private lands that have to be mandatorily acquired for the LRT3 project. Such acquisition is necessary to construct the railway and provide wider benefits to the public at large. All lands being acquired will be guided under the Land Acquisition Act 1960 (As Amended) and fair & reasonable compensation will be provided by the Department of Director General of Land and Mines (JKPTG).
Construction works at all sensitive areas such as schools, hospitals, as well as residential and religious buildings are restricted from 8.00 am to 7.00 pm on weekdays, as well as on Sundays and public holidays. Subject to location and activities carried out, ample notice will be given 3 days ahead to all nearby businesses and residences via mail drop should there be any deviation from the above timing.
The “U-trough” technology allows components of the construction (e.g. viaducts) to be pre-casted in a centralised, controlled site and eventually assembled at the construction site along the alignment. The technology results in cost efficiency, faster construction speed and improved visual impact. The following will be implemented to ensure safety of the public:
- The segments will be brought on site by steerable multi-axel trailers. Safety is paramount to us with each segment being escorted with lead and chase police vehicles to ensure the safety of the public. A maximum speed limit of the trailers (between 15km/h to 30 km/h) will be in place to ensure the safety of road users.
- To ensure the safety of the passers-by, the viaducts will be installed only during the night time with stringent safety procedures implemented. During the installation of the viaducts, traffic will be managed using the "stop and go" method to ensure the safety of road users.
- Super cones, indicators and variable message signage will be placed ahead and along the construction areas to ensure road users are alerted and informed of the activities taking place.
- Safe usage of cranes is assured with strict LRT3’s requirement that all cranes and hoists must be below 15 years of service and are operated only by certified or licensed individuals with more than five years of experience.
- Additionally, all machinery, especially cranes and lifting equipment between 10 to 15 years old will be subjected to third party inspection and approval before they are allowed to enter the construction site.
Underground Twin Tunnels
To minimise the inconvenience caused to the residents, we have prepared a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) approved by the Shah Alam City Council (MBSA) and put together an Emergency Response Team (ERT) to assist should an issue arise.